Every Halloween I like to elaborately decorate the apartment door. I got this skeleton couple and cardboard coffins at Michael's.
Here is how I made the lighted message coffin:
*You will need pretty good knife skills for this.
You will need:
- Cardboard coffins (I got mine from Michael's)
- Craft paint and paintbrush, or whatever you want to use to decorate your coffin
- Craft knife
- White glue
- Hot glue gun
- Battery operated flameless flickering tea lights (check the dollar store)
- Tissue paper (any colour you like that you can see the light through)
1. With the ruler and pencil, draw lines from the top and bottom corners of the inside of the coffin lid. Draw a center line. This is where your message will go.
2. Draw your message in block letters, backwards, on the inside of the coffin lid, so that it reads correctly when viewed from the front of the lid. If you need to, cut the letters out on paper and then trace them onto the lid.
3. Cut the letters out with the Craft knife. Go slowly and be careful!
4. Paint and decorate.
5. Cut a piece of tissue paper large enough to cover the letters and glue to the inside of the lid.
6. Hot glue small pieces of velcro to the bottoms of the tea lights.
7. Turn on the tea lights then hot glue them on the other side of the velcro and stick them to the inside of the coffin.
8. Put the lid back on the coffin and enjoy your spoopy message!